STRATEGY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING
The directorate Strategy, Economic Development and Planning is one of the five directorates within the Sol Plaatje Municipality and plays a significant role in general development and growth of the City. Our primary focus areas are:
- Regulating land use whilst promoting socio-economic and sustainable environmental development within municipal jurisdiction.
- Cushioning infrastructural developmental needs in accordance with strategic statutory policy imperatives such as Land Use Management Systems (LUMS), Spatial Development Framework (SDF) and related building Regulations.
- Accelerating local economic development by creating an enabling environment for business to thrive in, and positioning Sol Plaatje Municipality as an investment destination of choice.
It is comprised of the following units, under the leadership of the Executive Director:
- Fresh Produce Market
- Local Economic Development which includes Area-Based Development, Investment Promotion, SMME Support and Tourism.
- Urban Planning (This also includes Building Services and Maintenance of Municipal Properties.)
- Urban Renewal Programme